We are looking for a vibrant, creative person with practical and entrepreneurial mind and great team spirit. You will contribute to the success of this ground-breaking biopharmaceutical company as it transitions to being a public company in later 2018
You will design, develop and optimize prototype and pilot equipment and processes for next-generation bionanoparticles using diverse techniques and tools from biochemistry and chemistry, including various purification techniques. Knowledge and experience using nanoparticles and virus like particles (VLPs) as product candidates is a plus. Responsibilities may include implementation of processes for manufacturing using a broad range of fractionation methods and chromatographic techniques and moving towards a cGMP process and CMC package.
You will also perform product and in-process analysis/characterization with various bioanalytical/biophysical methodologies. Careful documentation of work and data initially at GLP level will be required. Later we will transition the developed processes into a cGMP compliant environment.
- Design, develop and optimize prototype and pilot equipment and processes for our therapeutic product(s)
- Develop and manage in-process characterization and analysis of product(s) using a variety of chromatographic methods, colorimetric and spectrometric techniques such as NMR, mass spectrometry, light scattering, capillary electrophoresis and protein chemistry technologies
- Support scale up and transfer of Upstream and Downstream Processes
- Analyze, document and interpret scientific research and technical data. Author and review technical documents, reports, production records, technology transfer reports and patents
- Develop and present data in internal as well as external meetings and management.
- Train and supervise colleagues on temporary assignments (interns, bachelor or master students)
- MS or PhD in Chemistry, Biochemistry or Bioengineering with at least 2 years of work experience, preferably in a Biopharmaceutical or Vaccine industry environment
- Proficient in handling peptides, proteins, ligands and nanoparticles
- Proficient in molecular analysis techniques as they related nano-scale product development.
- Experienced in scalable purification processes. Proficient in chromatographic purification, ultrafiltration/diafiltration, separation
- Experienced in bioprocess development, CMC development and documentation, scale-up and technology transfer.
- Well versed in analytical and bioanalytical techniques: NMR, mass spectrometry, light scattering, HPLC/FPLC, colorimetric techniques, etc.
- Excellent written and oral skills and technical writing, documentation
- A can-do approach to work
- A valid Australian work permit is required
- Location: Melbourne, Australia – limited national & international travel may be required